Want to practice your mindfulness skills? In this fortnightly drop-in class our host Bec from The Mind Room teaches a half hour practical session on mindfulness through meditation and everyday activities.
Bec will guide you through a 1 x 10 min and 1 x 5 min meditation with a focus on either breath, body, emotions, compassion or connection.
She also spend 10 mins with a focus on mindfulness practices in daily life, such as mindful movement, eating, drawing, music and conversations. She helps you to integrate mindfulness into your life for more clarity, focus and calm.
This class is friendly, practical and a great way to connect with other people in a relaxed, small group format. Classes are facilitated by The Mind Room psychologists and budding psychologists in training.
Bookings are essential, as the groups are capped at a maximum of 10 participants. All welcome (beginners to experts).
Want to find out more about what mindfulness is, what it does, who it helps and the evidence-based research? Check out The Mind Room's library with free resources on mindfulness and a range of other positive psychology topics here.
Classes are 40 minutes and go from 12.30 PM to 1.10 PM
What you will learn
- How to practice mindfulness with meditation
- How to practice mindfulness through everyday activities
- How to focus attention and unhook from a busy mind
What you will get
- A relaxed and friendly space to practice mindfulness skills (beginners and experts)
- A moment of calm in your daily routine
- Access to The Mind Room eLibrary
What to bring
- Your body + mind + attention
What to wear
- Whatever you have on
- Beginners to advanced. Anyone looking for a friendly, relaxed place to practice mindfulness.